What to Expect
- Alaska Airlines customer service ticket counter closes 40 minutes prior to departure. Passengers who have not received a boarding pass 40 minutes prior to departure may not be able to check-in or board the flight.
- We recommend arriving 90 minutes before flight departure for check-in. Peak times may take longer – these are generally early morning departures. The airport opens at 3:30 a.m. each morning.
- Passengers should proceed through the security checkpoint at least 45 minutes before flight departure time to ensure that you are at your gate area in time to board the aircraft.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed beyond the security checkpoint. Arriving passengers can be met in the baggage claim area.
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of one carry on bag, plus a personal item such as briefcase or purse.
- A current government issued photo identification is required for each passenger upon check-in and prior to entering the security checkpoint.
- For further information from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) click here.
- TSA Summer travel tips
For additional information on security requirements and a list of permitted / prohibited items click here.
Many household items are considered Hazardous Materials, click here for items commonly found during security screening.