Airport Access ID Badging Information

The Airport Administrative Office issues Airport Access ID Badges for individuals requiring “regular and routine” access to the Airport Operations Area (AOA), Security Identification Display Area (SIDA), and restricted areas of the airport. The office is located to the west of the terminal building, at 2406 W Washington Ave Suite B, Yakima WA 98908.

Do I need a badge?

In accordance with the Airport Security Plan and TSA regulations, all individuals who require “regular and routine” access to the Airport Operations Area (AOA) must apply for and obtain an Airport ID Badge. The information provided in the application is submitted to the Transportation Security Clearinghouse (TSC). TSC completes a Security Threat Assessment and makes a determination on the applicant’s eligibility for a badge.

Completing the Airport Identification Badge Application for New Badges or Renewals

Airport ID Badges expire every 2 years, on the last day of the month the badge was received. If your badge will expire at the end of the month, you must re-apply for a new Airport ID Badge by completing the following:

  • Complete and submit the Airport ID Badge Application
  • If operating vehicles on airport property, complete and submit the applicable driving test (movement or non-movement)

It is important to note that if your badge is expired, your access is automatically deactivated, and you must re-apply for a new badge and are subject to a new badge.

Acceptable Identification

Remember, you must bring valid identification that established your identity and eligibility as listed below. May present one selection from List A or a combination of one selection from List B and one selection from List C.

List A

Document that established both identity and employment authorization

  • U.S Passport or US Passport Card
  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form 1-551)
  • Foreign passport with a temporary 1-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on machine-readable immigrant visa
  • Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form 1-766)
  • In the case of a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status:
    • A foreign passport; and
    • Form I-94 or Form I-94A that has the following:
      • bears the same name as the passport and
      • contains an endorsement of the aliens nonimmigration status, as long as the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form
  • Passport from the Federated states of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republics of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI

List B

Document that establishes identity

  • Driver’s license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States provided in contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
  • ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
  • School ID card with photograph
  • Voters registration card
  • U.S Military card or draft record
  • Military dependents ID card
  • U.S Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  • Native American tribal document
  • Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority

For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document as listed above:

  • School record or report card
  • Clinic, doctor, or hospital record
  • Day-care or nursery school record

List C

Document that establishes employment authorization

  • A social Security Account Number card, unless the card includes one of the following restrictions
  • Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)
  • Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)
  • Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
  • Native American tribal document
  • U.S Citizen ID Card (Form I-97)
  • Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
  • Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Secretory


At this time, we do not accept card payments. Acceptable payments are cash, check (made out to Yakima Air Terminal), or money order. Payment will be accepted at the time of badge receival.

Expired, Lost, Stolen, or Broken Airport ID Badges

If your badge has been lost, stolen, or broken, or is expiring, the Airport ID Badge Replacement form will need to be filled out prior to a new ID badge being issued.  Please see the Airport Badge Fee Link above for the appropriate fee.

When renewing: if you have a Non-Movement Badge or a Movement Badge, you must complete the applicable driving test before you can receive your badge.

Badge Cancellation

All Airport ID Badges remain the property of Yakima Air Terminal McAllister Field and must be returned to the airport when no longer needed. Individuals who no longer require “regular and routine” access to the Airport Operations Area (AOA), Security Identification Display Area (SIDA), and restricted areas of the airport must return their Airport ID Badge to the Airport Administrative Office. All returned badges should be accompanied by an Airport ID Badge Cancellation form. Failure to promptly return an Airport ID Badge may result in penalties or additional fees.

If you have any questions, please call 509-576-6383.